12 October, 2020

StuG III Ausf.B "A"

The StuG III was a German assault gun produced during the Second World War. It was based on the Panzer III tank and, across its various versions, became the most numerous fully tracked armoured fighting vehicle produced by Germany during the war.

A total of 300 StuG III Ausf.B assault guns were built by Alkett between June 1940 and May 1941. The vehicle was armed with a short-barrelled 75 mm StuK 37 L/24 gun. It was powered by a 296 hp Maybach HL 120 TRM twelve-cylinder petrol engine, which gave the 19.6-tonne vehicle a top speed of 40 km/h on roads and 20 km/h cross-country. Its four-man crew consisted of a driver, gunner, loader and commander.

The model depicts an assault gun bearing the marking "A" of the 3rd Battery, StuG.Abt. 185, operating in Estonia in late summer 1941.

More about the model and its construction can be found at this link

Model: 1:35 Dragon 6919, StuG. III Ausf.B
+ Aber 35197 Sturmgeschütz III Ausf. B Vol.1:Basic Set
+ Voyager Model PE35884 StuG.III Ausf.A-D Fenders
+ Aber 35G02 Grilles for Pz.Kpfw. III & StuG III
+ Aber 35L24 75mm - K51 L/24 barrel
+ MasterClub MTL35009 Tracks for Pz.Kpfw.III, Pz.Kpfw.IV 1940-41 400mm early
+ Aber R26 German 2m aerials
+ Orange Hobby G35-057-38 Fire Extinguisher for WWII German Vehicles
+ Star Decals 35-997 Sturm #3. StuG III Ausf.B. Eastern Front 1941-42 
+ Eureka XXL E-001 Buckets & Funnel
+ Eureka XXL E-015 Wooden Ammo Boxes for 7.5cm KwK / StuK 7.5cm  
+ MiniArt 35588 Jerry Cans Set WW2  
+ PlusModel 106 Oil Tins
+ 1120 Production Z-01 WW2 German Panzer Headphones


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi,
I´m Frank from Germany and I saw and love your Stug`s and the other models. Great Stuff!
Please, can you sent me an PM to f(dot)rapp(at)gmx(dot)de. I had some questions about handling the PE-Fenders because I will built a Ausf. A and I couldn´t find your email-adress.
Thanks Frank